Saturday, July 13, 2019

Cycle 2 Science

Happy Mid Summer Y'all!

I spent June visiting Texas and spending time with my family.  July is crunch time for me!  I started looking for my Cycle 2 Science Match-Ups.  The first book I found and worked on is a secular science book called, How to Be Good at Science, Technology & Engineering.

I find that it aligns very well with MOST of this years memory work.  Being that it is secular...you will find references to evolution, reproduction, the Big Bang Theory...and so on.  However, in my opinion...not enough to warrant not using this resource.   The images are clear and visually appealing, the explanations are concise, and my 10 year old son wouldn't put it down.  Works for me.

You can find the book here!

Take a look!  I am working on a match-up as we speak.  THEN I just need to figure out how to put it on here!

The second book I found works VERY nicely with our required CC Science Experiment book...as it is another Janice VanCleave Science selection.  I happened upon, Janice VanCleave's Guide to the Best Science Fair Projects and I am in LOVE. 

Now that I have one child in the Challenge levels...I see some value in introducing Science Experiments in an easy and non-stressful manner.  This book will be a wonderful way to do that!  She provides an easy step by step method for easy science experiments that align with our memory work or even the simple experiments that we do on community day.  I will share my plan for this book soon.


What resources have you found?  I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings
Cheer



No comments:

Post a Comment